There are so many scholarship opportunities that students never apply for, leaving thousands of dollars behind each year. It is basically free money, don’t pass these by!
The Point Foundation Scholarship is a new scholarship available for LGBTQ students currently or planning to attend community college in the fall of 2021.
- Must have at least 1-2 years left of community college.
- Must also plan on transferring to a bachelor’s degree program, OR graduate with an associate’s degree.
- Students who receive the scholarship will have a personal coach to check in with progress along the way.
- Online applications started March 1 and can be submitted until May 3.
- Can receive upwards of $2,000 – $4,800 EACH YEAR!
For more information, visit this link
The Carver Trust Scholarship
- Specific to students in Iowa.
- Up to $6,000 for Iowa Public universities and up to $8,000 for Iowa’s private colleges
- Must be a sophomore enrolled at one of the three regent universities in Iowa or a four-year institution. Or, sophomores currently attending a community college with the intent to transfer to one a four-year university in the fall semester of the award year.
- Students can receive a second year of support but must reapply.
- The application deadline is April 1, 2021.
For more information on eligibility, and requirements for the application, visit this link
For other DMACC scholarship opportunities, visit this link