- 1. Every DMACC student is eligible.
- 2. Type and title each entry.
- 3. Submit up to 3 pieces (poems, short stories or personal narratives). Each entry should be 6,000 words or less
- 4. Double space prose entries
- 5. Author’s name should not appear on draft.
- 6. Instead, submit work with a cover letter that includes name, address, student ID#, and title of each piece. Also, specify scholarship or cash only, and include the following signed statement:
1st Place: $1000
2nd Place: 500
$100 for 1st Place
$50 for 2nd Place
$25 for 3rd Place
I certify that the short stories and/or poems that I have entered in this contest are original to me. Also, I grant permission for DMACC to publish my work in Expressions. DMACC’s Creative Writing magazine.
Submit work with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach submissions as Word documents.
Deadline December 9th, 2016 5pm
For questions or more information connect Marc Dickinson at email@example.com. Sponsored through generous donations of the DMACC Foundation and the Ankeny Campus Student Activities Council and the Derpartment of Science and Humanities